Friday, January 14, 2011

Vegan pizza by the slice at Ian's Pizza Wrigleyville!

For those of you in the Chicago area, Ian's Pizza in Wrigleyville now offers vegan pizza by the slice on Thursdays from 5-10pm! 
Wait, didn't I just say that?
So last night I went in to see if this was actually for real. And it is! I asked the girl at the counter if this "vegan pizza-by-the-slice phenomenon" is a permanent or temporary thing, and as far as she knew, she said it's permanent! This was only their second Thursday doing this, but she said last week was insane and the vegan pizza was selling like crazy. Good news! 




They use Chicago Soydairy Teese and Upton's Naturals vegan "meats". Tonight Ian's had three different kinds to choose from! Spicy Seitan Nacho, Vegan Sausage, and Tomato Spinach. I tried the Seitan Nacho back during Chicago Vegan Week in October, and although it was good (very spicy, though!!), I decided to try the Tomato Spinach:
 Well, well, well....looks like I've got a new favorite pizza! Man, this was so good! Just the right amount of cheese, plenty of spinach, and of course Ian's crust is always uber delicious.

You can get vegan pizza at Ian's any day of the week, but Thursday is the only day that you can buy it by the slice. Otherwise you've gotta order the whole pie...which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you've got a bunch of hungry vegans or you're perfectly happy eating leftover pizza for breakfast. 


So make sure to stop in Ian's and grab some yum pizza!


Ian's Pizza
3463 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60657
773.525.4580 




Song of the day: "Dreadlock Holiday" by 10cc

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! I always check out the menu at Ian's for when I want crazy topping ideas.

    ReplyDelete