Saturday, January 1, 2011

Chicago Spotlight: Fritz Pastry

Happy New Year! Hope everyone's year is off to a good start so far. Unfortunately, mine started off a little rough...I think I've got the flu. But I picked up some Dayquil kinda stuff at Walgreens and that's been a lifesaver. 

Anyway, the one and only New Year's Resolution I've made is to adjust my sleep schedule. I go to bed way too late and never get a full night's rest. So, I'm trying to fix that. And what better way to start off on the right foot than to go to bed before midnight on New Year's Eve? Yep, that's what I did. I did it partially because I felt like sh*t, but also so I could wake up at 7:30am and stop by Fritz Pastry (one of my fave spots in Chicago) for some vegan doughnuts!


Fritz Pastry is a European-inspired bakery where vegan items are almost always available. They are not marked, so ask! But usually it's the doughnuts, muffins, and cupcakes to name a few. My all-time favorites are the doughnuts and the chocolate muffins! Today I got two doughnuts, a blueberry muffin and a chocolate muffin. Don't worry, I'm not eating them all by myself! Although I think i could....

The Fritz staff are always very nice and I love the atmosphere of their shop. 
I love this painting!
 Be sure to check Fritz Pastry out if you haven't already! Also, they periodically have special doughnut flavors, so follow them on Twitter to keep up to date!

Fritz Pastry
1408 W Diversey Pkwy (between Southport and Ashland)
Chicago, IL
60614
(773) 857-2989 



1 comment: