Friday, December 3, 2010

zpizza: Vegan calzone!

Yes, I've blogged about zpizza once before, but I decided to make one more stop there before we get on the road tomorrow! For those of you who don't know, we've been in Billings, Montana for the past month, and bright and early tomorrow morning we are headed back to Chicago. It's about a 2-day drive...lots of fun (?)! 


So today, as I was looking at the menu deciding what I'd like on my pizza, I noticed that zpizza also offers calzones! I asked if they could make one using Daiya, and they said no problem! I went with caramelized onions, roasted red peppers, arugula and sweet corn in mine. Kind of odd combo, I know...but what the hell, right?


Look at that melty goodness! So hot and yummy! And the marinara "dipping" sauce made it twice as nice.

The only drawback was that I realized I do not like arugula. I've tried it twice now and I'm just not ready for the...earthiness. But otherwise my calzone was super delicious and I can't wait to get another one when we're back in Billings! 

Hooray for zpizza for offering delicious options for vegans, and hooray for Daiya for changing the world of vegan cheese!

Have a great weekend, everybody! I'll be back Monday with a road-trip summary! 


3 comments:

  1. Hi, I just discovered your site, and what a great one it is! I never would have thought that Montana would offer vegan fare. If they can do it, then no other state has any excuses any more! Have a safe trip back to Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love calzones! Hope you arrived safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @blessedmama: Thanks! You made my week! Yeah, I'm very surprised at the amount of vegan-friendly places there are in Billings, Montana. And it keeps getting better every time I go back there!

    @alfhana: Yep, we arrived safe and sound back in Chicago yesterday afternoon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete