Thursday, December 2, 2010

VegNews Double Chocolate Brownies

Since we're already on the subject of favorites (my last entry being my favorite cupcake recipe), this one is my favorite brownie recipe. It was printed in the May/June 2009 edition of VegNews, and it's become my go-to brownie recipe ever since. I've slightly adapted it from the original recipe which can be found here. The changes I've made were:

Using only coffee and no water (so I'm using 1 + 1/4 cup coffee total), and

cutting back on the oil a bit. I usually use just a bit less than one cup instead of 1 cup + 2 tablespoons. 

Oh, and I also use a mix of half cocoa powder and half black cocoa, you can purchase black cocoa here. I see on that website that it is "currently unavailable for purchase", but hopefully they'll get some back in stock soon. If not, no biggie, you can just use regular cocoa powder which is what the recipe calls for anyway. 


These are 110% omni-approved. No need to even mention that they're vegan until you've been told how incredibly delicious these babies are...which you will be told mere moments after feeding them to brownie-loving friends, family, co-workers, strangers, etc. And it helps if they are chocolate lovers as well...these aren't called Double Chocolate Brownies for nuthin'.

OMNI-APPROVED!



3 comments:

  1. what's black cocoa? like dark chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't find the actual recipe! Please help :)

    ReplyDelete