Friday, December 17, 2010

Mozzarella Teese Sticks at The Chicago Diner!



I'm very fortunate to live just a few blocks away from The Chicago Diner. I only wish I could afford to go there as often as I'd like to! And recently, due to the holiday season and the fact that I am not the smartest person with my money that I do have, I'm even more restricted than usual. But when my dear friend Charisse and I get together, we just have to make a Diner trip. I've been very intrigued by the Mozzarella Teese Sticks that I've been reading about, so of course we had to try those.
 Now these were good! I really think that Charisse and I could have taken down 2 orders because we sucked these down in about 1.5 minutes. But we decided to split a Philly Cheezesteak Sandwich instead.
Shown with mashed potatoes and gravy. Please disregard the fact that this isn't the best pic and just go get yourself a dang Philly when you go to the Diner (and Mozzarella Teese Sticks too, of course!). It's delicious. And, I believe it's a seasonal sandwich and they'll probably take it off the menu in the spring or summer. 


Since it was cold as sh*t outside and we were walking back to my apartment, we decided to each get a Hazelnut Hot Chocolate to go. No need for a pic since I'm sure you can imagine (vegan) hot chocolate in a to-go cup, but it was delicious and I may have to get another one next time I make it there. But, they also have Peppermint Hot Chocolate and Mexican Hot Chocolate, so I may end up having to try one of those!


So, if you live in the Chicago area and have not been to the Diner yet....WHY NOT?? Go, already!! 

The Chicago Diner
3411 N Halsted St
Chicago, IL 
773-935-6696 









2 comments:

  1. The mozzarella teese sticks look excellent. I think this would be a place that I would like to frequent too. The teese sticks remind me of jalapeno filled with cream cheese, covered in breadcrumbs and deepfried, so you can see why I like the look of these :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're super yum! If you're ever in Chicago, let's meet at the Diner!

    ReplyDelete