Sunday, December 19, 2010

Jelly Donut Cupcakes from Veganomicon

I cannot believe I have owned Veganomicon for 2+ years and never made these! Wow! They are so freaking yummy and surprisingly easy! I decided to make them for my awesome neighbors below us who are not only my friends (or so I like to think, they may beg to differ!), but they also put up with my 3 year old's hyperactivity. Amen to that. 

So...I brought them a card and a half dozen of these.


Mmm mmm goodness. I will be making these again, without a doubt. And I'll even share with the neighbors.

OMNI-APPROVED!

Also, just want to let you know about my recent realization of the existence of vegan chocolate-covered cherries! No, not the best things in the world for ya, but I've missed them since going vegan. I had long since given up when I read this thread on the PPK the other day and practically jumped for joy.

 These bits of processed awesomeness can be found at Walgreens. I've heard CVS as well, but I never had to look there since I scored and found these on my first try. Sweet!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tip about vegan chocolate covered cherries. I have to go to my Walgreens and see if they have them in stock.
    Your Jelly Donut Cupcakes look awesome! I made the same recipe, but the jelly didn't sink in well. I think that I used too much of it or the jelly didn't have the right consistency. I ate most of them warm (could not wait a day for them to get dry...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! I had no idea there were vegan chocolate covered cherries. Growing up they were my favorite part of any holiday - both my parents would buy me a box and I'd almost make myself sick. I'll be going to search for them some time this week!

    Also, the jelly donut cupcakes really are great. They were the first cupcakes I ever made and they came out great. I make them all the time because I've never had anyone tell me they don't like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too just found out about the vegan chocolate-covered cherries. They are definitely a nice treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting Veganomicon for Christmas and this will be the first recipe I try! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made those cupcakes- SO good, as are most of the recipes from VCTOTW. Nice to know about the cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those cupcakes look soooo good! but i'd go broke baking for everyone that dealt with my little terror we call Silas.

    ReplyDelete