Monday, December 27, 2010

Cozy, Chipotle and cookies, oh my!


Just around the corner from my apartment sits the lovely Cozy Noodles n' Rice. A vegan-friendly spot that I love to frequent. The folks here are always nice and accommodating. Just make sure to request no egg, fish sauce or oyster sauce when ordering! 

We ended up going here for Christmas dinner, due mainly to the fact that I totally dropped the ball on planning any sort of meal. But you know, I didn't feel like cooking on Christmas anyway. I was enjoying spending time with my family and Liz. 

Cozy is a super cute place. They've got neat decor that JX loves looking at.

And their tables seem to be fashioned partly from old sewing machines!

Their prices are decent and so are their portion sizes!
I started with the Cucumber Salad. I don't know if they always do this or if this was a special Christmas thing, but my salad was lookin' extra fancy!

I also went with my old standby of Tofu Fried Rice. No egg or fish sauce, of course!

This place is worth a stop if you're in Wrigleyville, for sure.

The next day Liz and I were out shopping and decided to stop in Chipotle for lunch. 

Up until recently I've been a fan of the good ol' veggie tacos. But a friend of mine turned me on to the "bowl". So now I get the Vegetarian Bowl with an order of chips.

I tear into the veggie bowl, can ya tell?

Ahh, I love Chipotle. 

So later on we took Liz to Whole Foods, since she's never been to one before. As we were on our way to the checkout counter, I spot these cookies.
I thought it was a long shot that these would be vegan. Cause that's my luck, I guess. But...to my surprise...
 Yes! I didn't see a price, so I brought them with me to the cash register to ask. $5.99. Not exactly in my price range these days, unfortunately. So, I thank the cashier but tell him that I can't get 'em. He then says, "Aw what the heck, just take them. It's Christmas". Nice!! He made my day...I told him that, but I don't think he believed that I actually meant it.


I really like these cookies. I just don't know if I can justify paying $5.99 for eight of them. So thank goodness for nice cashiers who give boxes away.

5 comments:

  1. I love the title of your blog! Cupcakes and quinoa, just about the best things there are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New year to you Melissa.

    PS Those dinging tables are pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I ran into those Late July cookies at my local Whole Foods too. They were so good! Mine were on sale for $3.99, but free would have been sweeter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I love Cozy! I used to live around the corner from it and still order delivery sometimes (ok, like once a week)...my favorites are the Basil with Tofu entree, Pad Prik, Green Curry, and Red Curry.

    Are those cookies at the whole foods on addison?! I need some!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Skafferi: Thanks! I wanted to use a name that combined my love for junk food along with my love for fitness. Hope I summed it up!

    @mangocheeks: Happy New Year to you, too! Hope 2011 is a great year for ya!

    @Leigh: $3.99 sure is better than $5.99 though!

    @phototypical: Ooh, I need to try the Basil with Tofu! That sounds yum! Yes, I found the cookies at the Halsted/Addison location. I saw a couple boxes lingering around the coffee bar area.

    ReplyDelete