Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cherry Almond Smoothie

My new favorite smoothie! I used this recipe from VegWeb. So easy, and freaking delicious. There are two optional additions: a dash of almond extract, and/or a tablespoon of nutritional yeast. Now, while I am a huge fan of nooch (nutritional yeast!), something about putting it in an otherwise sweet-tasting smoothie just doesn't sound right to me. So I went with the extract, but left out the nooch. It says "small drizzle" of extract, but I was a little generous with it, I'll be honest. I love this smoothie. And even if I hadn't liked it, I would still give it 5 stars because JX loved it! Yippee! 
 He probably drank close to 3/4 of the smoothie, that's why my glass up there looks so tiny. My 20/20 hindsight tells me to take the pic first, then give JX his share. I made it again today and it makes pretty much one adult serving. If you've got 2 small kids, then this should be enough for them to split.


Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment