Friday, November 12, 2010

Today's Lunch in Montana: HuHot Mongolian Grill

Billings may not be home to many small vegan-friendly restaurants, but there are a few chain restaurants that are worth mentioning. Today, I went to Hu Hot Mongolian Grill. They have locations mostly in the midwest, but I think they're slowly branching out. This place is worth a trip if you find yourself near one and you're hungry! They've even got a nutritional guide to their sauces and noodles in each location, in plain view!
They've got tofu (and black beans!), but it's kept in the veggie section and not the meat/noodle section. So don't go getting all disappointed like I did before I discovered it. I believe their "Pad Thai" noodles are the only safe ones for vegans, the other two have eggs in them. But, you can also ask your server for a bowl of rice and just make yourself a huge ass plate of fried rice!
I didn't know about the fried rice option until after I got my plate with pad Thai noodles, tofu, and veggies. I totally would have done that had I known. But here's what I got, (it was still good though):
So keep this place in mind if you're on the road in the midwest (or Washington State)! Here's a list of their current locations. They've got 2 locations in South Dakota, which I wish I would have known when we passed through last week...


2 comments:

  1. That looks pretty good to me. It's cool that they have all the information posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Another option when we visit Fred's family. His mom always says "I don't know what to feed YOU people." Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete