Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Peanut Apple Pretzel Drops, from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar

First off, if you do not own a copy of Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar yet, you are missing out. Second, if you own a copy but have not yet made the Peanut Apple Pretzel Drops, you are missing out!
I recently let my neighbor borrow my copy of VCIYCJ. She made these and was kind enough to share! I've made quite a few recipes from the book (Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows are probably my fave), but I had yet to make these. I wasn't sure what to think of the peanut-apple-pretzel mix...but turns out they make a great trio! The sweetness of the apples with the saltiness of the pretzels and the crunch of the peanuts really make for a delectable cookie. My husband and I ate them all in record time. We didn't even save one for my toddler, how mean is that!?! They're that good, folks!

I did a search and found the recipe online here. Someone typed it out but didn't give Isa and Terry credit at all. But let it be known, it is their recipe! 

Buy the book, dang it! 

OMNI-APPROVED!

10 comments:

  1. Oh yum, I do indeed have VCIYCJ but I haven't made these yet. I definitely am going to though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the book but I haven't tried these yet. I do love the salty and sweet combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had crunchy sweet treats made with peanuts and pretzels, so might as well go ahead and add apples. I'll have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually bought dried apples the other day so that I could make these soon. I'm glad to hear you liked them! Thanks for sharing your cookie review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they may sound a little unusual, but they taste great! Definitely worth a try, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't tried that one yet- pretzels sound good in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tested those cookies and remember them being delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are definitely good.

    I've never had the chocolate pb pillows, though. As far as chocolate combos go, I much prefer choco ginger or choco raspberry. But I must make the pillows before MoFo ends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had that recipe bookmarked ever since I got the book... but, lo and behold, I haven't made them yet.

    Looks like I'm gonna start baking very, very soon :)

    PS I love how your neighbor shared her cookies with you after you lent her the cookbook. Sweet!

    PPS I'm heading out to WF in a bit - will let you now about the sorbet soon - thanks again for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Mo...wouldn't it be awesome if there was some sort of raspberry concoction that we could sub in for the PB in the pillows? Oh goodness I bet that'd be good!

    @jd: keep me posted on the sorbet! I think you'll love it! My neighbors are very cool. They've recently gone vegetarian and are contemplating going vegan. What better way to nudge them along than with a copy of Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar?!?

    ReplyDelete