Monday, November 8, 2010

Papa John's, you had me at "garlic sauce".


I shamelessly love Papa John's. I know, there's not much to it. Small pizza with tomato, onions, and bell peppers, no cheese. But there's just something about that processed garlic sauce that calls my name whenever I am in Montana or LA. I think there is only one PJ's in Chicago and they don't deliver to my area. Even though I love the garlic sauce, I'm not willing to brave Chicago traffic in order to get it. It feels so much more rewarding when they bring it to me. Call me weird. Or lazy. Or gross. Just don't badmouth my precious sauce!
Even though I'm pretty happy with this pizza as is, I think I'll try mozzarella Daiya some time. Just to change things up.
 

11 comments:

  1. ha! Papa John's was the pizza of choice when I was an undergrad and I loved that garlic sauce. I haven't had it in years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband thinks I'm nuts, but I love that crappy garlic sauce! We like to sprinkle a Papa John's pie with Daiya and put it under the broiler for couple of minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pizza outlets in the U.K are pretty disappointing, this looks good. I too would have been had at the garlic sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can send you all of the garlic sauce that comes with my fatty cake orders... interested???

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Leigh That sounds like a fabulous idea. And I will definitely be doing that before I leave Montana!

    @mangocheeks This pizza would be a 5 or 6 all alone, but the garlic sauce kicks it up to an 8.

    @KF, I have a better idea. Don't send them to me, BRING them to me! Visit Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that freaking sauce! I always order a couple extra to save to throw on my popcorn! mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, love the Papa... recently brought my leftovers to work and ate outside in the nice warm breeze... my beloved garlic sauce ended up ALL OVER m'pants! An absolute tragedy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. @deuce: What an awesome idea!!!

    @KTBuns: Did it stain your pants? Something tells me that stuff don't come out worth a damn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep. Love the garlic sauce, but they don't deliver to me either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know where you live in Chicago but a new Papa Johns just opened a week or so ago about a block north of Delicious Cafe on Lincoln Ave. They probably deliver to most of the north side. Conveniently a block and a half from where I live...will definitely be checking out this garlic sauce...

    ReplyDelete
  11. We use the sauce to put on steamed/microwaved broccoli.
    Left over pasta - Use it for a quick Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce with fresh vegetables and sun-dried tomatoes. A great way to use up all sorts of vegetables. Give it a try....your kids will love it....it's made with Papa John's sauce!

    ReplyDelete