Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chicago Spotlight: Dib Sushi Bar and Thai Cuisine

Dib Sushi Bar and Thai Cuisine is one of the few things I miss about living in Uptown. We are just out of their delivery range now living in Wrigleyville, but thankfully Dib is only a few blocks east of the Lawrence Red Line stop, so it's not too far to go if I get a craving. 
 Dib is not in the best area of town, but the inside is surprisingly fancy! To be honest, I've actually never eaten inside there. I've either had it delivered (even though I used to live about 2 blocks away from there, don't judge me!) or I would pick it up on my way home from wherever. Their menu offers a few vegan-friendly dishes, but I get their "Hawaiian Fried Rice" every time. It even says "vegan" next to it! I love that. 
Hawaiian Fried Rice

Described as: "vegetarian fried rice with onions, peas, carrots, snow peas, and cashews topped with grilled pineapples, grilled tomato and grilled mango", this dish is a must try if you find yourself in Uptown. Actually, the Aragon Ballroom, the Green Mill Cocktail Lounge, and the Riviera Theatre are all right off the Lawrence Red Line stop as well, so don't forget about Dib if you're on your way to a concert or out to get some drinks! 

Dib also has some vegan-friendly sushi (avocado, spinach, etc), and appetizers, but they also have a very intriguing looking vegan hand roll of some sort that is only offered in house. Apparently it's a presentation sort of thing. One day I will try that hand roll, and then I'll report back! 

I'll do a few more Chicago Spotlight features on Uptown joints in the future, so stay tuned!


Dib Sushi Bar and Thai Cuisine
1025 W Lawrence Ave 
Chicago, IL 60640
773-561-0200

No comments:

Post a Comment