Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chicago Spotlight: Delicious Cafe

Oh how I love Delicious Cafe. In my opinion, this is a must visit place if you are in Chicago on vacation. And it's a must visit often place if you live here! Located in the North Center district of Chicago, Delicious is a vegan cafe with a great menu (savory and sweet stuff), yummy coffee, laid-back atmosphere, and a rotating selection of pastries. Follow Delicious on twitter @deliciouscafe to keep on top of their specials!

My absolute fave item is their breakfast sandwich. Think of it like a vegan "Egg McMuffin", for lack of a better comparison. Nothing says "mmm" like a Delicious Cafe breakfast sandwich and a mug of hot black coffee. 


JX loves the sweet stuff of course. Last time we went there, they had mini cupcakes,


and Pumpkin Spice Muffins!
 JX sucked down the mini cupcakes before I even got a taste. But I was able to sneak in a bite of the pumpkin muffin and it was "delicious" of course!


 Delicious sells Ste Martaen locally made vegan gourmet cheese, which they also use in most of their sandwiches. Does that name sound familiar? Yep, I recently did a Chicago Spotlight featuring their vegan food truck! Check these guys out! Their cheeses are fantastic!

In addition to the cafe, Delicious also has a mini "general store", where they sell vegan products, from soap to vegan rice krispy treats!

Check out their website to see their hours and have a look at their menu. And make sure to stop in soon!







Delicious Cafe
3827 North Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60613 


5 comments:

  1. I'll have to remember this one when I am back home to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that does it! Next time I'm in Chicago, gotta visit Delicious Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the interior, looks cozy! Mini cupcakes are the way to go, nom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to visit Chicago next year. Last time I went to Pick Me Up about 4 times, so I'll add this to my list of places.

    ReplyDelete