Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cashew Butter Cardamom Cupcakes, from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World!

This cupcake can probably be classified as the "best use of cashew butter, period". I had bought some cashew butter for a recipe and was left with nearly the whole jar. And then one day, and I was flipping through my copy of Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World, (which I'm known to do from time to time), I came across Cashew Butter Cardamom Cupcakes with Rich Cashew Butter Frosting. In the book it says something like, "these are perfect for the cashew butter connoisseur in your life". Now I would not consider myself anywhere near a "cashew butter connoisseur", in fact, I'm so-so on if I even really like the stuff. But...I hate wasting, so I said what the hell and made these. Wow. WOW. These are amazing. Even my omni mother-in-law said they were the best cupcakes I have ever made. I took that as a compliment, even though, of course, the recipe is not mine. I see that the recipe is already online here, but I really think you just need to buy the dang book yourself. 
                           
My frosting was a little on the thin side, but no one was complaining! Next time I may just ease up a bit on the maple syrup. But there will not be a next time unless I've got someone to share these with...I ate damn near half a dozen in less than 48 hours. So someone invite me to a potluck or something!

OMNI-APPROVED!

3 comments:

  1. Cardamom is one of my favorite spices and cashews one of my favorite nuts! I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you must! Your taste buds will thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo! I might eat one. Can you put a faux hostess swirl on top? :-D

    ReplyDelete