Friday, October 22, 2010

Pick Me Up munchies!

This blog isn't even 2 weeks old and I've already had 2 Pick Me Up posts, so it's obvious I go there a lot!

I had to convince JX that "Pick Me Up doesn't have French Toast on Thursdays, I'm sorry sweet pea...." just so I could get my beloved Vegan Benedict and eat it while NOT dealing with a toddler meltdown! Am I a bad person? 


I like my Benedict without mushrooms, just so you know. 

I decided to get JX some Vegan Mac n Cheese, so if he didn't want it at least I could eat it!

OMNI-APPROVED!

And here are some shots of the dessert case with plenty of vegan choices!













And just when you thought this post was over....

My husband suggested that I mix my leftovers together and make a Cheesy Mac Tofu Benedict for lunch today. Don't knock it till you rock it, it was delicious!





6 comments:

  1. It was! The whole fam liked it...even Omni Husband! The Vegan Cheese Fries are also very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe that I ended up getting the Vegan Chocolate Milkshake? I should have gone with the Peanut Butter Cup Pie...what was I thinking?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I'm currently in France for a while, my home is really in Northern Indiana, not too far from Chicago, and we regularly take trips to Chicago to hit up the PMU and the Chicago Diner. Reading your posts makes me a little homesick! I love the Benedict at PMU. Oh man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to make you homesick, but hope you like the blog! We're only in Chicago for a couple more years (temp job for husband), and I'm already sad about leaving PMU and the Diner!! I'm weird like that!

    ReplyDelete