Monday, October 11, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie

Ok ok, I know....I need to work on my photo skills!! I'm learning as I go, folks.
This morning I made one of my breakfast staples, the "Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal" smoothie. The original recipe is from one of my healthy eating cookbooks, but I've doctored it up just a little bit to make it more kid-friendly. The recipe makes 2 servings, so it's always easier when my son shares with me.

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie

1 frozen banana
1 cup of non-dairy milk (I usually use soy)
1/3 cup rolled oats
3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 tablespoon flax seeds
1 tablespoon wheat germ
1 teaspoon agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Handful of ice cubes

Put all ingredients in blender. Blend!!
I've found that sometimes I need to add more or less soymilk. Feel free to do whatever the heck you want!


Also, I forgot to mention in my very first post that I will not only be posting Chicago vegan-themed stuffs, but things that I cook at home as well! And these days we've been flat broke....so there may be quite a few more "home posts" before I am authorized to venture out again!

1 comment:

  1. Dear friends, Brahmakumaris are vegetarian... and emphasize that when cooking in a peaceful, loving frame of mind, the resulting food will nourish the emotions as well as the body. There is Brahmakumaris meditation...that relaxes the mind...nurtures a healthy balance between inner and outer worlds... recharge... rejuvenate the inner-self... From Gita

    ReplyDelete